WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 23:43 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: 60mm Mortar Tubes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 16:21 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Just gaining interest to see if there would be any demand for some 'basic' repro 60mm mortar tubes. I can get them, but depending upon demand will depend upon costs. I am just testing the waters here people so dont jump up and down on me! There are as near to the original sizes as i can get them. They are Postal tubes so the ends are just plain plastick black end caps as to get them in metal/aluminium type is too expenive to bother with They are not attached but nothing a bit of glue wouldnt sort. The black on it is a little glossy but could be dulled down with a bit of DIY painting i think (again, thats up to you though!) The inner tube is not attached to the outer tube however a bit of glue internally would resolve that too!

Below are a few pics i have of a sample. Not the best pictures in the world i agree, will try get some clearer ones sorted. Prices are looking to be between £3 and £5 per tube, but i would veer more to the £3 if there was sufficient demand. UK delivery only and that would be AT COST, meaning i charge what it costs to post to you!

Have a look see, any Q's or comments then ask or send me a PM. :wink:

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: 60mm Mortar Tubes
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 22:50 pm 

Group: 2nd Ranger Bn, Pilsen, Czech Republic
We are starting now the production of repro tubes - all 3 sizes paper tubes are custom made - to fit the original size - in one papermill, but we have a little problem how to make the steel caps with all the pressed writings... But will be a little more expensive.. I will put some pictures when we finish the firs set.
Regards!
Frankie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 22:55 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Strictly GI (UK)
That would be good Frankie, keep us informed and I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Cheers,
Chris.

I don't mind a thief, but I can't stand a f**king liar.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 15:11 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Thanks for that guys, although i was trying to gain interest with my own post here!

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 20:52 pm 

Group: 2nd Ranger Bn, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Whitefeather - sorry, I just saw the topic name - so I thought it is about all 60mm tubes.. will make anew thred where I will continue with "my own" tubes..
bestgerards
Broccoli