WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: 60mm Ammunition Crates
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 15:58 pm 

Group: AFLHA
Hi all,

Anyone supply me with the dimensions for the 10 round ammo crate for the 60mm mortar rounds (ones with the tube inside). I can find very few images and even less info online so was wondering if any of you lovely people ou there could help me. Im looking to build a few for myself.

Any info greatfully recieved. Found a few dimensions for the tubes, so i suppose i could make an assumption from that, but if anyone has the actual dimensions that would really help?

Many thanks in advance

Chris 'HunStanton'

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 21:56 pm 

Lloyd T on here makes excellent repro ones, im sure he will help you out.

http://www.ww2ammobox.co.uk/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 am 

Thanks for the reply rhhaslar, but with the credit crunch im trying to save money!!! No offence!

Well has anyone at least got some pictures of original ones. More curious about the catches and stenciling now to be honest. The picture above is of training rounds so im unsure if the catches are correct. Any body out there with an original they can take pics of the catches for me? Or even point me in the right direction with regards to pictures online or in books?

Anyone......?

Cheese.
Chris

Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:00 pm 

Group: 2nd Armored in Europe
It might be training rounds that someone has used in that photo, but the crate is for live High Explosive rounds. It is the correct crate that you're after.

Cheers,
Glen.

Look Out Below! : http://www.look-out-below.co.uk/

"The only thing stopping you, is you"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:14 am 

Many thanks for the confirmation Glen, at least someone is willing to help! :lol:

Much appreciated !

Chris :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 am 
Whitefeather wrote:
Thanks for the reply rhhaslar, but with the credit crunch im trying to save money!!! No offence!

Well has anyone at least got some pictures of original ones. More curious about the catches and stenciling now to be honest. The picture above is of training rounds so im unsure if the catches are correct. Any body out there with an original they can take pics of the catches for me? Or even point me in the right direction with regards to pictures online or in books?

Anyone......?

Cheese.
Chris

PM me with your email and I'll send what piccies I have. Plus diemnsions of the crate I made etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 13:17 pm 

Danke!

Have done.

cheese
The Hun :wink: