WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 23:07 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am 

Group: AFRA
Hi,
I've just been looking through the posts for the Thompson trying to find some info on sling swivels. I notice there are loads of posts about Denix woodwork colour & other modifications members have done, so there must be loads of poeple who have found some to go on their Denix guns.The one I have has not got the front hand grip.
The only post I can see is where someone has used Enfield ones - is this still the only option or has anyone started to do repro ones & what other if any alternatives is there to the originals which I should imagine are few & far between,
Thanks in advance - Colyn

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Chief Petty Officer on Thu Feb 17, 2011 17:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 am 
2000+ Poster

I ahve a couple of real thompson sling swivels somehwere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:08 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: EAFVG, EMLRA & other
You can certainly buy original Thompson or Lee Enfield sling swivels.

They are easily found at shows or on the web.

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am 

Thanks for the replys so far - If anyone has a spare set that they want to sell that would be great
I have found some in the USA not sure if they will send to the UK (http://northridgeinc.com/store/index.cfm/c202/i1052 )
but I'll hang fire in case there's some available from forum members - Cheers Colyn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 17:07 pm 

Pm'd jonheyworth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:28 am 

Hi, All fixed up now Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:32 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: EAFVG, EMLRA & other
Where have you sourced them from?

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 am 

A mate had some in the end - if you are only looking for one pair jonheyworth may well fix you up (see post No.2)