WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:34 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: My Thompson M1(A1)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:38 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: AFRA
Deactivated in 1990. Auto Ordnance M1 upper, later stamped A1, on a Savage M1A1 lower. Looks to have over 95% of its original grey phosphate finish. Sling is a repro M1917, not the M3, because I prefer the adjustability and quality of it to the repro M3 slings, and it would appear they were used anyway.

http://www.afra.org.uk

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: My Thompson M1(A1)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 13:10 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: EAFVG, EMLRA & other
Really nice.

Good to see someone who has good taste in his selection of a weapon.

So are you randomly posting this or selling?

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 13:12 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Just posting it up to show it off, Rob, like the big kid I am. Just got it, so I'm not selling it :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 13:30 pm 
1000+ Poster

Thought so.

Well done, nice one though.

Started off buying one old spec M1 this year, now bought an old spec and saving / looking for an old spec Lyman adjustable 1928A1!

If you don't mind how much did you pay? PM me if you want?

Got the bug!

Freedom of expression is essential in enabling democracy to work and public participation in decision-making. Citizens cannot exercise their right to vote effectively or take part in public decision-making if they do not have free access to information and ideas and are not able to express their views freely. Freedom of expression is thus not only important for individual dignity but also to participation, accountability and democracy. Violations of freedom of expression often go hand in hand with other violations, in particular the right to freedom of association and assembly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 am 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Had a bit of a fettle and clean of the wood work yesterday. Sixty plus years of grime now gone:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: "They Led the Way"
Nice, I must admit I like the Thompsons. :D

Wullie

Wullie Mulgrew CSRT
http://theyledtheway.freeforums.org/index.php

http://www.facebook.com/theyledtheway.

Rangers Lead The Way!

https://www.wisepropertycare.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Caught the bug working with the Section 5 ones at Beltring, mate. Knew then I just had to have one of my own :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 13:06 pm 
1000+ Poster

I agree, we should all own a working one.

Will really help when you can't get that tin open & it would help to reduce knife crime.

On the look out for a nice 1928A1 now.

Can you PM where you got it from?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 13:12 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Got it from JC Militaria, Rob. www.jcmilitaria.com They've got a nice old spec M1928A1 going for £1700 :shock: Ryton have two new specs. One at £665 with drum mag, the other at £365 with 20rd box mag.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 13:20 pm 
1000+ Poster

Did you have a look at it first or just take a chance that it was ok?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 13:33 pm 
3000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

I got them to send me close up photos of it from different angles :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 13:39 pm 
1000+ Poster

mmm. Good. I'll remember that one.

It's a sign of a good company when they will take the time to do that as alot wouldn't bother.

One positive tick in the book for them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 13:50 pm 

rob8066 wrote:
I agree, we should all own a working one.

Will really help when you can't get that tin open & it would help to reduce knife crime.

On the look out for a nice 1928A1 now.

Can you PM where you got it from?

I Can source you a 1928A1 with adjustable rear sight comes with one 20rd magazine for £480 plus the deactivation charges. If interested please feel free to drop me an email or PM.
I should mention just to make it clear regarding the current status I am a section five RFD.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 13:54 pm 
1000+ Poster

After an old spec i'm afraid & I will be looking at Ryton for a new spec as well to find the best I can get.

Cheers anyway