WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 14:08 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Is my carbine correct
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: The Stonewallers
Thinking of selling my carbine, it is a new spec deact made by standard products 2089485, Underwood barrel 11-43 with a P underneath, Saginaw front sight and it is marked E on the slide. Just need to know if it is correct and a rough guide price.

Thanks

Mark

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:32 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Mark from here it looks a beauty apart from the what looks like a late war type 3 front sight....

but it depends on how correct "correct" you want it to be...if you are looking at a unit armoury rebuilt WW2 spec carbine its perfect......:-)

BUT if you want a factory correct carbine then we would have to strip it down and inspect all maker codes etc etc....:-(

Also it depends on how complete it is inside and also how sympathetically its been deactivated legally and what spec it is.

Standard Prod carbines are one of the scarcer makes...i havent got one...YES GLEN M....i still know...;-)

Price wise...£325-£400 no worries.

Wood good and all exterior parts seem good......so depending on what price you want and whats its like when you get it in your hand...a nice looking "representative" correct WW2 M1 carbine.

regards

Lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: The Stonewallers
Cheers Lloyd,
you had your hands on it at Damyns Hall a couple of years ago showing me how to take out the safety switch( you got exited then about something on it). The insides look like the one Rob Gurman was selling. Going to put it up for sale this week with some mags and another mag holder.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 13:15 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
ah yes i remember..thats quite a scarce carbine...;-)...now i remember what it was.

Look upwards of £350-£400 with sling oiler and mag pouch and mags etc mate...dim problem

Regards

Lloyd