WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 17:23 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: M7 Grenade Launchers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 21:35 pm 
1000+ Poster

So, testing the waters here.
Through my current job, I may be able to get hold of some real M7 launchers. I am currently investigating this and how to get them legalised for sale to the public. I'm well aware of the slightly grey areas surrounding them but I am lucky enough to work with people who have all the necessary paperwork to own and store them live, so getting them shouldn't be a problem. We would also be able to visit the proof house and talk over what to do to get them on a deact certificate so they are somewhat "future proofed" and easily tradable.

Assuming I can sort all this out and get a few in, who would be interested in getting one? If it's worth it, I could get a batch sorted. At a GUESS, the price would be around the £100-£200 mark each, but I obviously want to keep costs down. I appreciate this could be seen as somewhat steep, but I want to make sure if I do this and sell them everything is above board. Unfortunately, that is what costs!

All feedback welcome.

Poss

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: M7 Grenade Launchers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 22:32 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Falcon History, AFRA
Provided the 'grey area' was removed and they were somehow marked to a legal UK standard I would be interested in one or two.

Again, only provided they are legal to own within the hobby minus firearms etc etc

"He looks like TV interference in that bloody face paint"

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake int he day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did"
T.E Lawrence

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:51 am 
2000+ Poster

I think the above post sums it up perfectly, if they were fully legal, there would be interest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 am 
1000+ Poster

That's what I thought. If this does pan out, they would definitely be done to UK legal specs, with approval from Proof Houses and Home Office.

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 22:59 pm 

Hi
I would be interested in one also, I hope it pans out

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 am 

Only one problem the Government has signed an international agreement of banning the sales of military firearms to the public .

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 am 

RobinDBanks wrote:
Only one problem the Government has signed an international agreement of banning the sales of military firearms to the public .

Rob

But it would not be a military firearm. Just a inert lump of metal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am 
 WWW  Profile

Group: GI44-45
RobinDBanks wrote:

Rob

They are not firearms, they are deactivated! Hence why you can own anything from an SMLE to an L85A2 perfectly legally without license from the Home Office or local Police Force. As long as they have been certified by 1 of the 2 UK Proof Houses.

:roll:

brought my battalion to the briefing prior to Normandy, I had the finest combat-ready force of its size that will ever be known. By the time I gathered them together in Normandy, half were gone. I charge you: put us down in Holland or put us down in hell, but put us all down
together in one place, or I will hound you to your graves."

Lt. Col. Mendez, Commanding Officer 3rd Bn 508th PIR 82nd Abn Div

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:28 am 
3000+ Poster

Assuming they can be deactivated......

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 20:23 pm 

Hear what you are saying but would the MOD allow them to be deactivated ? Why would they bother when they are about to destroy 100s of Lee Enfield No8 .22 training rifles which are highly sort after and selling from £700 upwards each , money has no influence on the situation so why would they get grenade launchers deactivated so they can sell them .

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 20:27 pm 
1000+ Poster

I hear what everyone is saying, and feel like I'm repeating myself when I say that if this is going to be done, it's going to be done properly. If it can't be done to comply within the letter of the law, then it won't happen. Simple as.
And, for what it's worth, it's nothing to do with the MoD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 23:15 pm 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the M7 is of US origin and quite obsolete, so is no doubt widely available on the commercial arms dealers market and there for has nothing to do with the Government or the MOD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 23:46 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
And surely if the obsolete "weapon" it is designed to be fitted on is legally deactivated it cannot be made to fire anyway...?

Or am I wrong here ?

regards

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:36 am 

I think you might be wrong as other grenade launchers, smoke dischargers and even flash hiders etc that fit to the end of normal riles need to be deactivated in their own right (flash hiders are pinned and welded to the barrel anyhow)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm 
3000+ Poster

Only a court can decide........ is my qualified opinion.

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)