WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:58 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 am 

It's a shame that SS units are not allowed to go to this private battle, as far as I can see no public will be there and therefore no offence caused to anyone. I have done private battles at this site before and only saw one dog walker and dog. Maybe the NWW2A need another vote on allowing SS to attend there shows and events. I have had it first hand from the lad organising the event, that it was the commandant of the site who asked for no SS, however I bet he has no idea what the difference is if all german units in camo. Poor understanding of German units and rewriting of history springs to mind.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:41 am 

Group: Independent
Steve66 wrote:
It's a shame that SS units are not allowed to go to this private battle, as far as I can see no public will be there and therefore no offence caused to anyone. I have done private battles at this site before and only saw one dog walker and dog. Maybe the NWW2A need another vote on allowing SS to attend there shows and events. I have had it first hand from the lad organising the event, that it was the commandant of the site who asked for no SS, however I bet he has no idea what the difference is if all german units in camo. Poor understanding of German units and rewriting of history springs to mind.

Agree ,its unfortunately the perception people have of the SS .Until people are educated in what role the SS played (take out of the equation the connection to the camps etc ) its always going to be the same , especially at the moment with all the coverage of the 70th Anniversary of the liberation Auschwitz .

I being a member of the NWW2a and doing the odd event, I myself cannot see the problem with peadot camo etc .As someone mentioned the bringing together of Northern groups, working together and sharing knowledge would be a bonus, instead of the us and them attitudes some do have , as far as the Private battle goes as already mentioned ..........who is there to offend ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 15:53 pm 

Group: They Led The Way
Im interested!

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 22:26 pm 

Group: NWW2A
Hi Scott sent you a PM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 16:01 pm 

I am surprised that anyone is surprised about pointless ill-founded prejudice toward those who portray SS. Ever since I started with the 7th SS in the late 80's it existed' with idiots in the BRA, LHA and the MVT and all their narrow minded uninformed nonsense and so it continues. I and those I re-enact with couldn't give a toss. The Klu Klux Klan's hats have points, which is more than can be said for anything any of these sad and pointless people have ever come out with.

Always keep the boot of destiny firmly pointed at the arse of anticipation!
Eye of an eagle, ear of a dog, brain of a newt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 18:18 pm 

Group: They Led The Way
Without starting an argument. Couldn't those who portray ss come along without ss insignia on?

Another point. Every army had bad soldiers however history has taught us that acceptance is key, I do understand however that it is not everyone's view!

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 18:39 pm 

Hi Scott yer any Germans can come to it just no SS items on show , so no peadot too , not me saying this its the MOD on the site at Ripon

All the best

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 19:05 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Volkswagen wrote:
The Klu Klux Klan's hats have points, which is more than can be said for anything any of these sad and pointless people have ever come out with.

Interesting, I'm sure the public and government bodies like the MOD would not allow the perceived racist KKK into their venues, it's well known the SS where the epitome of the Nazis who where racists, no?

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:01 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
Quote:
the SS where the epitome of the Nazis who where racists,

Who wasn't a racist back then?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 16:09 pm 

last few places left get in or miss out

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 16:35 pm 

Big Thanks to all that have payed up for this coming weekends private battle over 120+ so not bad doing , we hope to run one later in the year that we can open up for all groups ( ie SS german if we can get MOD to let that happen )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:54 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Neily Baby wrote:
Quote:
the SS where the epitome of the Nazis who where racists,

Who wasn't a racist back then?

Indeed, us Europeans have moved on, some cultures other than European haven't ..

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."