WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 19:29 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 23:35 pm 

Group: WW2 Living History Association
Matt-Das-reich wrote:
Is this still going to happen? Roughly what would be the duration?

Matt we have a ten day trip...
3 public shows including Bray Sur Somme /Peronne and finishing at Mons, Tanks in Town also in that are small scale skirmishing/ambushing of column..etc..

Recreating of events that took place at Bray Sur Somme...when the 2nd Armored relieved the town want German reenactors in town on the Friday night...
from organisers...
" The M5s Stuarts.. then cross over the lock gates on the eastern flank and then the town is taken from both sides by mechanized infantry backed up my M8s, logistics will go direct to camp on outskirts of town once the town has been taken.

The axis forces will retire through the town afterwards and then disappear to the camp. We might leave an axis vehicle in town, have to see, likely to be packed with people!!!.
What we need is an axis occupation from the night before (Friday) and we need an element from this force to raid one of our two/three camps to take a prisoner or two. There will also be a night raid on the Germans and one will be taken back to hq for overnight interrogation etc...

We will have an HQ in one of the camps which will be in one of the villages approx three kms from Bray. We will not be able to fire any weapons after 22:00 hrs, but this could be very good. The idea is keep everybody on their toes for the night, false alarms and an attack on hq will all lead to some realism. "

so ideas are flowing..its all new to the French and they are skittish to say the least about anything going wrong...which is quite probable as with most plans...

Saturday AM the attack will be reenacted as close as events will allow...we will have sec 5 available for this or EU FAC are fine...and pyros...
Sunday..static public show..

Then the 2nd Am will depart following exact routes taken ..along the way an Axis force will shadow the column ambushing etc...farm buildings are being sort for the Axis forces to use for bases...using tracks and trails keeping away from modern tarmac roads etc..

2nd Armored veterans are coming over from America and a meeting is set...also including the Axis reenactors as I have met many veterans over the years and usually when they have found that there were Axis dressed troops about they were keen to meet with them...
Then on to Peronne were again the town was liberated with a two pronged attack and small skirmish....
and finally to Mons, Tanks in Town...to arrive Saturday...with Sunday as the public battle and back to ferry Monday.

PM me if you are interested and Ill put you in the picture with more details...Pete

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 14:03 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: 95th nacht abt..attached 85th gebirgs
gotaa admit pete that post was pretty derogatory to us german reenactors .............bit strong eh?

did the alllies get the same warning

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:31 am 

Peter - this is not the way to win friends and influence people in fact that kind of rhetoric just serves to put off those who are sensitive and responsible from participating leaving you open to the lunatic fringe!

Always keep the boot of destiny firmly pointed at the arse of anticipation!
Eye of an eagle, ear of a dog, brain of a newt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 21:03 pm 

Group: axis
Volkswagen wrote:
Peter - this is not the way to win friends and influence people in fact that kind of rhetoric just serves to put off those who are sensitive and responsible from participating leaving you open to the lunatic fringe!

Seconded!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 21:57 pm 

Les,Andy...Thanks for the comments , your views are taken on board...for my part I am a lowly Painter and decorator and I speak as I find and I type as I speak...I ain't a Cambridge scholar.
I was tasked by the group because of Pippingford Park experiences and knowledge of those Axis groups to put together a force of reenactors for this French/Belgium event...I decided that to put the cards on the table...set my store out etc...right from the word go, No bull...straight talk.
One PM and two emails from Axis reenactors understood my point...if we get this wrong over in France/Belgium it will stop any future events like it again..... the Mayors won't touch it with a barge pole....and the worlds press will come down on our hobby like ton ...see how things can get taken and put wrongly and twisted etc..
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... party.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olley.html

They will be looking for the slightest mishap intentional or not..
Right from the start of the trip, Bray Sur Somme want Axis troops in their town, No Americans...bit of drink...bit of Banter = possible cock ups on a BIG scale...and we have a week in front of us still to go...been doing since '82 and my experiences over the years have led me to the view I stated that you just cannot rely on people using their noddles...Axis and Allied all have to behave...you have to spell it out..to the lowest common demoninator.

The Battle Plan as of today stands as :

START Montdidier Overnight operations (Axis forces), airfield close by then
cross country to Bray via
LIHONS overnight operations (Axis forces)
CAPPY overnight operations (Axis Forces)
BRAY SUR SOMME memorial ceremony, US and German
positions open to public and 2nd Armored
vets, battle to take bridge and town
Peronne battle to take bridge or town
Flers cross country action and fight through town.
Flesquieres Memorial ceremony to 82nd recon Harley rider
KIA.
Cambrai Liberation of town, stop in town square, liberation
celebrations and bars
Belgian border
Mons -TANKS IN TOWN.... in discussion

This is what we got up to in Czech republic...the Axis forces shadowed the column over the 16 days we were active and actually captured one of the troopers and held him over 24 hrs...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 18:01 pm 

So we accomplished the tour with no mishaps.Unfortunately no Axis troops attended from UK...apart from the pyro team dressed as FJR troops when ambushing...hopefully this situation can be sorted nest time 2nd Armored in Europe organise a tour...
141 participants from all over the world came together for 10 days living the dream.
I&R platoon with recon element and 8 Half tracks of the 41st Armored infantry.
even had the ARC Clubmobile show up after 3 days.
Ambush's
Pyro
Town battles
Night patrols
Out post duties
STUK and 222 armored car..

2nd AiE, FRANCE Remembrance Tour 1944 - 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQb0884 ... e=youtu.be