WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:38 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 20:36 pm 
2000+ Poster

Hello,

2nd Armored is planning it's major 70th anniversary event in France and Belgium in August/September 2014.

The time of the ruckmarsch for the German forces in the West.

Now in the normal 2nd Armored style of pushing a very big envelope to it's splitting limits we are looking at building on our experience of 2 of our last trips to the Czech Republic and The Peel area of the Netherlands to have German forces retreating in front of our advance and stopping to try to stop said advance.

Now, as you can imagine, there are lots of boxes to tick and many i's to dot and many T's to cross, and all in French. This however has the possibility to be a unique event with a substantial, official and blank firing German presence in La Belle France.

Now , I know 2014 seems a long way off, but it isn't when you plan a 2nd Armored event.

There are far too many variables at this point to go into semantics but suffice to say lots of groundwork has been laid and the French Authorities, having seen 2nd Armored professionalism and ability to deliver on many occasions over the last decade, are keen on the idea.

I can say that it would involve defending a bridge, defending towns and fighting against an assault river crossing, oh and lots of being rounded up as POWs !

Now, it's not going to easy and it's not going to be cheap, but you are not going to get this chance to fight mass US armor in France in the right place at the right time.

What you have to do, as individuals, regardless of parent group as this will all HAVE to be run under 2nd Armored auspices under strict guidelines and control is to REGISTER YOUR INTEREST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

2nd Armored is a serious group, doing serious undertakings and you have to be the same, there can be no wannabees or half heartedness here.

If you own a WW2 German vehicle, or good replica or a horse drawn cart then there may be an opportunity to have that burn in a French field too.

Please contact Pete Skillman acting as the initial ( U.K. ) German co-ordinator for this.

Jon Heyworth

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 20:56 pm 

Group: YWE Show Organiser.
Excellent opportunity to participate in an Historical re-enactment event celebrating the liberation of European towns and villages. A mammoth undertaking by the organizers, a once in a lifetime experience ...... I for one , lend my full support to this wonderful proposed spectacle.

PSG Vehicles and support Grenadiers already booked and committed to this event. :D

Mobile : 07413-707121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 22:20 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: 95th nacht abt..attached 85th gebirgs
now this sounds verry interesting

will suport this if i can

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 0:16 am 
2000+ Poster

I'll add to this somewhat.

What 2nd Armored are after are guys who will "screw the nut" on this. No half heartedness, or getting out there and deciding halfway through that you've had enough. "The rain is ******* you off and your kit is wet", is no excuse to sit back and leave it to others. If this is in your mind, then perhaps you should consider bowing out on this one for now.

This type of event works, because it is a "whole team event". Meaning, every man who attends has a part to play. If that one man decides to give up at any one point, then someone somewhere will suffer.Either, with having to cover for his mate by carrying kit, or having to fulfil two mens roles.

Not being funny here, but, i've seen it at events where guys can talk the talk, but when it comes to it the reality is different. Because we are away from home, and others are depending on you, there just cannot be accommodation made for those who may let the team down.

I'm being harsh here, but, the end result is, as Johnny has stated a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take part in a totally unique experience. I've participated in a few events with the 2nd Armored in the past, and it always amazes me the dedication shown by everyone on the trip. And i've loved every one of them!!

For info, I will be the point of contact on the ground in France, so you can contact myself as well as Pete S. and Johnny H.

Kit will be advised upon before the trip and, it will be expected of you to adhere to these kit lists as best you can.

Manny :wink:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/ ... _face1.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:04 pm 

Group: FJR6 Heaven and Hell
FJR6 Heaven and Hell are up for this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:32 pm 

Group: home of the brave
MyAssAmDragon wrote:
I'll add to this somewhat.

What 2nd Armored are after are guys who will "screw the nut" on this. No half heartedness, or getting out there and deciding halfway through that you've had enough. "The rain is ******* you off and your kit is wet", is no excuse to sit back and leave it to others. If this is in your mind, then perhaps you should consider bowing out on this one for now.

This type of event works, because it is a "whole team event". Meaning, every man who attends has a part to play. If that one man decides to give up at any one point, then someone somewhere will suffer.Either, with having to cover for his mate by carrying kit, or having to fulfil two mens roles.

Not being funny here, but, i've seen it at events where guys can talk the talk, but when it comes to it the reality is different. Because we are away from home, and others are depending on you, there just cannot be accommodation made for those who may let the team down.

I'm being harsh here, but, the end result is, as Johnny has stated a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take part in a totally unique experience. I've participated in a few events with the 2nd Armored in the past, and it always amazes me the dedication shown by everyone on the trip. And i've loved every one of them!!

For info, I will be the point of contact on the ground in France, so you can contact myself as well as Pete S. and Johnny H.

Kit will be advised upon before the trip and, it will be expected of you to adhere to these kit lists as best you can.

Manny :wink:

cool txt Ross about it cos maybe he will go :)
Hadeel
xx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 23:41 pm 
2000+ Poster

Bumping this one back up to the top. I've spoken to a few individuals regarding this event, and all are keen to attend.

If there are any others out there who may be interested, post on here so we can gauge the interest, cheers!

Manny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 14:32 pm 

Group: WW2 Living History Association
One thing that should be stated...nutters need NOT apply...
If you think that you can come on board with us and secretly bring along your Gucci SS smock and sig Runes and slip it all on when we are else where... be warned you'll be in clink as fast as the car will take you there.. possibly with a few bruises to go.

Over the 20 years 2nd Armored in Europe has been operational...we have knocked over walls... have run cars over with occupants in...we have even demolished front of a house,... all was sorted and squared away... all were happy and no reputations tarnished... if you want to go Axis then its FJR/Heer only.
If you get fed up after 4 days and decide to go on the p**s...forget it..you'll be dumped off and left.The worlds press will be onto this like a fooking rash looking for the slightest Right arm twitch...( salute)..This is top level stuff, French/Yank embassies getting involved.. etc...if we can pull this off there will be furure events like it...possibly..no where as big granted...but the ice will be broken and the bench mark set.
Pete.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 18:22 pm 

Group: 2nd Armoured In Europe
Wise words Pete....looking forward to it already

regards

Lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 20:48 pm 
2000+ Poster

To add, i am gathering a well respected team together, who will ensure that we all have an enjoyable time of it. Also, they have been chosen because they and I, are not afraid of confronting any issues that may arise, be it as a result of over zealous authorities, or "home-grown" ones.

Guys, if you are thinking of applying, please do get in touch. Do NOT be put off by this "hardline" attitude of ours. This is to ensure that everyone knows the rules and what will be required of you once we embark upon this event. It won't be easy, but, oh my God the benefits will be there to reap!!!!!

So, lets see how good the Axis community in the UK can be. Lets show the rest of the worldwide community, that we can do this right, no matter how challenging!

Manny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm 

Group: 3rd ss totenkopf
If I'm still alive I'll be there, if not I'll leave my body to be used as a fly blown corpse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 22:11 pm 
2000+ Poster

kurt koniger wrote:
If I'm still alive I'll be there, if not I'll leave my body to be used as a fly blown corpse

Good man! We shall use it as a seat, as we sit around the fire at night,regaling tales of how we beat off the Amis hordes, using nowt but the stench of your rotting corpse.

Well volunteered. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 17:10 pm 

Group: Formerly 21st Panzer Div LHG
Count me in and few more from 21st Panzer Division

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 20:49 pm 

Group: Das reich
Is this still going to happen? Roughly what would be the duration?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 20:58 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
PeterS wrote:
One thing that should be stated...nutters need NOT apply...
If you think that you can come on board with us and secretly bring along your Gucci SS smock and sig Runes and slip it all on when we are else where... be warned you'll be in clink as fast as the car will take you there.. possibly with a few bruises to go.

Over the 20 years 2nd Armored in Europe has been operational...we have knocked over walls... have run cars over with occupants in...we have even demolished front of a house,... all was sorted and squared away... all were happy and no reputations tarnished... if you want to go Axis then its FJR/Heer only.
If you get fed up after 4 days and decide to go on the p**s...forget it..you'll be dumped off and left.The worlds press will be onto this like a fooking rash looking for the slightest Right arm twitch...( salute)..This is top level stuff, French/Yank embassies getting involved.. etc...if we can pull this off there will be furure events like it...possibly..no where as big granted...but the ice will be broken and the bench mark set.
Pete.

I must confess, was going to throw our hat in the ring till I read this crap. Seems the only re-enactors in your eyes that can follow orders wear Yank uniforms?
Think I will give this one a wide berth.........

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 23:17 pm 

Group: WW2 Living History Association
Fine. 8)