WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:09 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:42 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
Doing some market research here...

What do you eat at the above?

Do you take army rations, tins of beans etc....

Is there afield kitchen?

Would you be interested in "proper"* period repro rations?

What is your budget per day?

*As per menu...

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 am 

Group: WW2 Living History Association
Hi Paul, Judging by the rubbish I collect / deal with at Pippers , not many do bother in what your asking...lift ring pull all day breakies/Irish stew...just with lables pulled off (some dont bother with that)...Public show would be the route I'd recommend...there under scrutiny.(Public & other reenactors).people would bother I reckon mate.
R

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 13:55 pm 

Group: Doughboys, AFRA
Speaking for Airsoft - it depends on the scenario, what feel it wants to go for, and what works (if you are lugging everything with you then most will settle for a sandwich and crisps). Generally water consumption takes precedence over food eating on a day event, what with the running around.

For Bastogne next week we will have a horde of gold painted cans of pork and beans etc and P38 can openers.

'Local' bread and cheese in a cloth wrap has been done for France 1940, or Polish sausage where appropriate etc etc.

Some times just a bag of hula hoops.

If the event is a 24 hour one, then there will be camp fires or the like for heating things up on, a stew was made at one of the Eastern Front events (in fact the Germans attacked us whilst eating it, so our revenge was swift and brutal). Some events do catering, almost always poorly.

Airsoft events that stipulate camps to be period, do get period camps. And though the cans of food may be modern, they are de-(or even re-)labeled (my favourite was nazi- tuna, which had the eagle on clutching the hoop, through which a dolphin was diving)

hope that helps

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 14:11 pm 

Group: 502nd Dog Company PIR
We cook stuff :lol:

Would love some edible K rations though...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 14:19 pm 

Does "edible" mean "fit for human consumption" or "actually tasty" :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: 101st Abn LRRP
CHThree wrote:
Does "edible" mean "fit for human consumption" or "actually tasty" :wink:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 22:16 pm 

Group: Das reich
Our group has obtained an original german field kitchen so hope to be getting it out on the circuit this year, have the German field cookbook translated into english in my sights so realistic food is a good probability soon!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 14:39 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
* Bump *
Bumping this up again as another season's just about to kick start and we're wanting some feedback on up to date wants, needs and your thoughts :D

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."