WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 17:37 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 pm 

The dates are set for the event in 2018, and the site is booked.
Keeping with the bird theme, and as it's the Seaside, 2018 will be "Operation Puffin"

Same format, same people organising, different layout for displays and battle as requested, the date remains the second weekend in August, the 11th and 12th.

If you are not on the list that attended in 2017, and want to come (re-enactor or Trader) please email me.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 17:41 pm 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
Good start - now it needs a poster and a facebook page asap and regular monthly updates, so people are sure it's on - ideally it also needs the railway to be actively involved next year if at all possible. Have you got the extra help you need ? Ready to volunteer if you need me - otherwise I'll just remain a big gob on facebook and ask questions and prod :D

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:24 am 

The Railway have said they want to be more involved next year, I think this year helped them see the benifit, we have a social media person willing to help via another reenactment group. I've got to admit to being a technophobe, and my spellings sometime is rubbish.
posters and flyers are with the graphics team, and banners will be around at various shows.

Any help more than welcome, as I'm running this East Coast show from deepest West Yorkshire now!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 am 

Well if you won't move to South Yorkshire so we can meet up at the Emergency Services Museum to plot and plan, mon ami .... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 22:25 pm 

Group: Northern Forties
Any further updates on this event please?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 14:18 pm 

Group: Northern Forties
Heard a rumour that this event is not happening. Please can someone confirms this news or not. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 am 

Oh, that's not the news I want to hear; IIRC it's the armed services group that organise the armed forces day there that have taken it over - they were bad at getting n touch last year ... didn't seem to think about the show until after they'd done AFD in June. Have sent a couple more emails off - hope we get some information soon.