WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 am

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Re: All good fun
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 22:37 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
I've read all this with interest and refrained (mostly) from commenting, however whereas I understand the concerns about these allegations, I have to wonder at the motives of the posts bringing the allegations up ... the initial newspaper report in the link is dated 2006, and an updated report is dated 2013 .. so why now ... and why target the YWE .. has this person not been at other events in the interim ??

It is telling in a way but very understandable too, that the 'connection' to YWE has been removed by changing the title of this topic .. and if it has got so bad that now it is being referred to legal circles, perhaps its time for the topic to be locked ?

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:53 am 

I agree regarding the number of posts of the originator, and possibly the motive for joining the forum. But if the allegation made is true, and the articles suggest it is, then it is a valid point that seriously should be borne in mind by any show organiser. Madmax no doubt has a beef against the bloke and feels he is being given a 'safe haven' at YWE. If, IF, that is the case then some people will reasonably question why. If I were an event organiser I would want to put a serious distance between my event and anyone who was a convicted sex offender - but that is just me. Others may see it differently and wish to take a chance. Would being in possession of such knowledge and going ahead with allowing attendance put the organiser in a legally dodgy/liable position if a transgression took place at the event? Don't know, I'm not a lawyer. In a different situation if the offender had been convicted of offences against young lads would any event organiser let him on site? I suspect I know the answer to that. So why should young women have less concern shown to them? One problem with referring things to the Law?Police is that you don't know what the outcome might be for yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 18:58 pm 

Group: YWE organiser 2012,13,14,15,16,17,18.
I can't comment further, as it's now in legal hands.
You need to find the truth as I've done Bill, before you and others can spectulat. The modulators should have removed the posts, before it got out of hand, it's not like I didn't email them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 19:41 pm 

Fair do's Stu. If you know more actual facts, then that obviously will make things different for your actions. I have no problem with that. My speculation is just that - speculation. Which of course is just forming an opinion, a theory, in the absence of knowing all the facts. I hope YWE will continue to thrive, it's a good event. It would be a shame if the participation of any one single individual spoiled it in any way. I know you've kicked various individuals off site in the past so it does happen.