WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 16:51 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 17:18 pm 

Hi guys, can anyone help in any way towards a display being held in Norfolk. I have given all i have of ww2 Royal Norfolk uniforms and equipment, which is not much, for display. It will look a bit sad on it's own, so i said i would ask the re-enactor boys and girls to see if they may be able to help.
Phone No. removed to avoid spam. PM me and i will give it to you.
Thanks.

Hi Jay

Thank you for seeing Maya and I last week. The dressed mannequin looked very impressive!

The exhibition will take place during Remembrance weekend Sat. Nov. 12 the Sunday Nov. 13th.at All Saint’s Church, Carleton Rode NR16 1RW.

We have memorials in church to those from our village who lost their lives in WW1/2 and an American memorial to those killed in air accidents over the village in 1944/45 from the Hethel base 389th and Old Buckenham 453rd.

We hope to have displayed military ephemera and uniforms from both World Wars. The museum curator of Old Buckenham base has offered American dress, but we are short of any ephemera, pictures or costume to do with WW1/2. The local History Group have found all the details of the men from the village killed in action in WW1 and where they are now buried or remembered which we will have on display but we are short of other display material from that period.

We are hoping to raise enough money through grants and fund raising to create a space in church where the military history and village life can be displayed to attract visitors to our listed Grade 1 church.

On Nov. 13th Remembrance service at 10.55am we have Bishop Alan from Thetford coming to rededicate the ringing tower and the American Padre from Lakenheath coming to lay a wreath on the memorial as has been done since 1946.

I hope this gives you an idea of our busy weekend.

My tel. number is xxxxxxxxxxx, email lentfarm@gmail.com

Kind regards

Pat Graham

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 18:06 pm 

Hi Jay,

I have a lot of British female uniforms from WW2 which I have displayed before. I also have a WW1 nurses uniform. I don't know if your friend is looking for this sort of thing. None of it has a Norfolk connection but it looks good on display. I live about 20 miles from the Church so I could put something together if it's the right stuff. Let me know what you think.

G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 18:22 pm 

That would be absolutely amazing if you could do that, and yes that is definitely the right stuff. I only collect Royal Norfolk stuff so that's the only reason for my contribution. Anything war related, especially USA Air-force, is very welcome. I think they have someone with a military vehicle turning up. I know it is short notice, but i have only just been asked myself. If anyone needs a hand I'll do what i can.

Jay.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 am 

Hey Georgie, i don't know if you have a Land Army overcoat in your collection? If not i have a mint one with the lapel badges on that you can have for helping out, if you want it of course. It was given to me a long time ago, but i would rather someone had some use out of it :wink:

Jay.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 20:00 pm 

Group: Civil Defenders
OK, I've read the post above, "but we are short of any ephemera, pictures or costume to do with WW1/2". Give more information about specifically what you want and some of us might be able to help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 19:00 pm 

Hi |Jay,

I think I've PM'd you, but it seems stuck somewhere in the ether.... Maybe it's just me. Let me know if/when you get it or not....

G x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 21:14 pm 

PM replied :wink: