WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 18:02 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:20 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
As part of the NYMR "Wartime on the Line" weekend Weve been busy bunnies as per usual building some props that I hope you will enjoy. Hope to see plenty of visitors this weekend and as always, "Das Reich & Friends" will give you a warm welcome. (And disarm you if you're carrying :D )
This years premise is:

“Wurzburg!!” Levisham 2017
“Levisham station is converted for the weekend of the 13th-15th October to a continental (French) railway station in the year 1943.
During this period in the history of France, the German occupiers historically employed many means to defend the Atlantic coast from air attack. A little known fact is that the Germans had employed quite sophisticated Radar (RAdio Detection And Ranging) systems since before the outbreak of WW2. The premise of this years scenario is to display a replica Radar and anti-aircraft battery typical of the period. Our replica Messerschmitt will be back, providing a reminder of how Luftwaffe air and ground units need to work together to maintain clear, safe skies!

Protection for the station and the battery, a typical target for commando raids sent from Britain, will be provided by a single platoon of the German Wehrmacht, who will perform checks and patrols. In turn to ensure the soldiers behave, Military Police (Feldgendarmarie) will be keeping an eye on them for any problems!

Additionally we “occupiers” will be providing living history and firing displays featuring a variety of small arms and heavy weapons. (This will include pyrotechnics and blank ammunition which are sometimes quite loud)

The various displays and demonstrations will run continuously throughout the weekend.
As in previous years, the station will have musical entertainment and French food and drink at the Café Dubois, along with traditional snacks, hot & cold drinks supplied by the stations permanent outlets”

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 am 
1000+ Poster

Group: I/II-AA Das Reich (W.A.R.S)
Final build weekend completed. Installation will begin Wednesday and we should be open for business for Friday. Hope those attending the NYMR wartime weekend will pop down to see our efforts. As per usual, all visitors carrying RIFs or deacts will be disarmed upon arrival. Come on down. I'm sure you will have a fun visit!