WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 23:16 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 20:01 pm 
3000+ Poster
 YIM  Profile

Group: Independant
Brilliant Paul, look forward to seeing it ..

8th USAAF
Somewhere in England

... " I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals " ...

... " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them " ...

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 am 

I am still here and on the other one as well as Wehrmacht Awards these are my only nod's to social media - those who wish to root through the faecal matter of there lives in public are welcome to it!
Paul is that Paul Whitehouse standing beside you in that picture? :lol: I would counsel you to go to Osterbeek if you have not done it before, its a great experience, I jumped at Renkum and also the Polish drop at Driel three years ago and at the ripe old age of 61, go for it mate.

Andy (Oskar)

Always keep the boot of destiny firmly pointed at the arse of anticipation!
Eye of an eagle, ear of a dog, brain of a newt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:37 am 

Group: 'To Victory, Together!' (Me, him and the dog)
I'm still here too.
I mourn the forum of old.
The total lack of a thread on War and Peace that used to fill page after page with before, during and after event comment show how much of a ghost this forum has become.
Such a shame, as apart from the entertainment value, it has given me lots of information that has been of interest over the years, some of which has been of relevance to my displays and I have always appreciated the helpfulness of members towards my queries.
I have found facebook a necessary evil for info on events, which once was available on here. :(
But I'm not going to abandon it, so shall keep popping in now and then.
Jude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 15:11 pm 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
General Ignorance wrote:
So, my question is, where has everyone gone?

Hounded out, what's the point ... :evil: :roll:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:55 am 

Group: They Led The Way
Sometimes when you post all you get are the negative 'Been there, done that!' people and that puts younger and newer members off posting. I find in the reenactment community a lot of the time you have people who, yes have done it before, but did they do it as accurately as they could have? BUT WHO CARES?

Cause they've done it before...

My views as a younger member.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 21:01 pm 
2000+ Poster

Hello....!

Yep, it's been a while. But, while i do tend to use FB mostly, i do consider coming on here from time to time. It was good, but people have found it easier to find info, and discuss things on the various FB group pages.

Would be sad to see this site go though...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/ ... _face1.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 14:27 pm 

Not a reenactor, but have always been interested in WW1 and WW2, collecting and going over to WW1 and WW2 cemeteries and battle fields, and i enjoyed visiting your displays at reenactment shows and having a chat, so keep up the good work guys/girls, and remember, a forum only as good has its members.

Gerwyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 20:14 pm 
1000+ Poster

Group: Falcon History, AFRA
I miss the sales pages and postings!

I also miss the photos of group displays/joint efforts with the team behind it chipping in and showing what they could do. (Yes, Fb has it, but then its just not the same.)

I remember joining the forum when I started in the hobby and the number of threads with various information..Was great.

"He looks like TV interference in that bloody face paint"

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake int he day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did"
T.E Lawrence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:52 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
The other thing about this forum is that it went from being moderated and updated to zero input from the founder. I wish the old Delphi forum was in use...no money involved, no 'supporters' just waffle about LH and kit.

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 17:43 pm 

Group: BBC War Reporting Unit
I think I was the last one out of there - turned off the lights and cancelled the milk on the old Delphi forum - are there similar hosts out there and do we recreate it again ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 18:42 pm 
Forum Legend

Group: That's so 2011...
I still get emails from Delphi! :D

Be very careful about loaning original items...also, please keep an eye out for :
*Still missing* Because some folks are devoid of an ounce of honesty or integrity.
Women's Navy Great Coat
Green floor length 1930s evening dress with sleeves set on net.
Blue and white rayon dress with peplum
Black velvet halter necked dress with silver shot thread skirt (may still have Harrods label in it) I have photos of all of these items and I know where they are in Scunthorpe, but would appreciate a nod if they come up for sale. [/color]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Is it just me or has maybe this thread revived the forum a bit.... last week or so there seems to be some actual chit chat going again...

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:20 am 

A additional problem are the photobucket issues, making a lot of photo's disappear.
Still I log in to several forums regalarly and post if its sensible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:44 pm 
3000+ Poster

I got fed up arguing.

If you have the last word and no one heard it - Did it happen? https://youtu.be/mQZmCJUSC6g

(No)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 18:20 pm 

I never argued with you Lordduvet :D

Gerwyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 20:16 pm 

Me neither :D

Always keep the boot of destiny firmly pointed at the arse of anticipation!
Eye of an eagle, ear of a dog, brain of a newt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next