WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 14:44 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Hitler Youth visit to UK
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 19:26 pm 

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/h ... ike-25279/

Apologies if this has been on here before :)

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 19:32 pm 

Group: Volkssturm Werwolf
..I never have liked Cyclists ! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 0:46 am 
Supporter

Group: AFRA; Blyth Battery
OK. Better like this? :wink:
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_42296-Hens ... -1944.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 am 

Group: Volkssturm Werwolf
Ideal veh. for crushing those (seemingly 80% of) stupid cyclists who ride through London in the middle of the night wearing dark clothes with NO F+++ing lights !! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 am 
5000+ Poster
 WWW  Profile

Group: FSSF-UK
It's all conspiracy theories, people don't go to other countries pretending they're something else in order to take over... :roll:

Strange, they only post in my threads when it's controversial, seems they want to vent their spleens whilst claiming victimhood ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M

"I don't use the pozi net ,because there are too many left wing oversensitive retards on there..."

"I reflect on the infamous 1987 photograph by American artist Andres Serrano that depicts a crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. I remember all the leftists that jeered and mocked me, and many Christians like me, for being bruised by that photograph (the title of which I would rather not verbalize). They scoffed and told us to get a life. These are the same people today, unsurprisingly, who are stridently arguing for curtailment of free speech not to offend Muslims."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 am 
2000+ Poster

Strange as it may seem many in the ruling class of this country thought Hitler was a jolly good little fellow,the bastion against the scourge of Bolsevism. There are two schools of thought on Baden-Powell,one thought him a Pacifist trying to unite the young men of Europe so as they would not fight another war,the other thought he was pretty good with the high five!
This is a personal opinion only, without Winston Churchill I am sure we would have made a deal with Hitler,the likes of Lord Halifax and he had a lot of support, would if he was made Prime Minister have entered into negotiations with Germany for a deal.After Dunkirk it was touch and go if Churchill could keep his job. I'd hate to see a Europe where Germany dictated the terms and conditions! Whoops is n't that called the EU? Bet old Winston is spinning in his grave!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 am 

Group: 'Battle for Europe' and 'Follow the Sapper'
All the deals Hitler made with other countries went well.

Hitler: ok, so we won't fight. Promise.
Russia: what's that behind you?
Hitler: Nothing! Nothing behind me.
Russia: they look like... Tanks and men with guns?
Hitler: no. Nope. Nothing there.
Russia: but they look like..... Oh, god damn it.
Hitler: Lols!

Portraying Frontline Royal Engineers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 am 
4000+ Poster

All those instructions to memorize the landscape are pretty standard fieldcraft skills that any outdoorsey/scouting organisation would have taught.
Relations between average Britons and Germans at that time are constantly being played down these days and it wasnt just the Great and the Good with open admiration or mutual respect for what they saw as they way Germany was scrambling out of economic disaster.
The generation that had fought in the mud and blood of 14/18 were by this time fathers of sons who they didnt want to see going through the same thing as they had and had made concious efforts to connect with germans.
Ive got evidence of this from my own family, post cards to great uncles from members of the Hitler Youth and post cards sent back from visits to germany by my uncles. Right up untill the moment war was declared no one was screaming for a war against germany apart from a few immigrants but ironically when war came it was young men like my Uncles,who had good friends in Germany,who went off to war.
In an almost Commando Comic story line one Uncles best German friend had joined the Luftwaffe at the same time as he had joined the RAF,they both fought in the Battles of France and Britain and both thankfully survived the war. I cant say our families are still friends as my Uncle passed away in the 50s but it does prove to me the point that no one wanted the war in 39 and even those who had chosen what is now classed as the wrong side in the battle of cable street were never the traitors they are painted as now but simply people who no longer believed the lies of those in power who even then chanted the mantra of "never again" while planning the most effective ways to conscript huge numbers of young boys.

PS, if those HJ boys were spies does that make the young german pen pall of my Uncle a spy for us as his postcards often talk in detail about new building work and autobahn networks in germany and austria? :)

War,huh,what is it good for? Absolutly nothin'.......but some jolly good films

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 am 

There was a film about it on the One Show last night. A strange juxtaposition of Danny Devito & Hitler. The film was most notable for coining the phrase 'Spyclists'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 13:55 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
kostya wrote:
Relations between average Britons and Germans at that time are constantly being played down these days and it wasnt just the Great and the Good with open admiration or mutual respect for what they saw as they way Germany was scrambling out of economic disaster.

There's a lot of aspects of pre and early WW2 that get largely overlooked.

The exact point at which the "just war" idea first appeared I've always been fascinated to discover.

One thing is for sure though, the way in which we see it today is not a reflection of the truth and an awful lot of skeletons lurk in the closet (and woods) in the name of justification of our post-war outlook.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 14:52 pm 
2000+ Poster

Group: Hirschberg Society
Andrei Kozlov wrote:
kostya wrote:

There's a lot of aspects of pre and early WW2 that get largely overlooked.

The exact point at which the "just war" idea first appeared I've always been fascinated to discover.

One thing is for sure though, the way in which we see it today is not a reflection of the truth and an awful lot of skeletons lurk in the closet (and woods) in the name of justification of our post-war outlook.

Consider that the membership list of the pre-war Communist Party is in the public domain but it is 'not in the Public Interest' to publish the membership list of the British Union of Fascists. Consider too the wholly sympathetic obituaries published in certain newspapers when Oswald Mosely died, 'the Best PM we never had' etc.

Schweiß speichert Blut
"...the future is clearly known, only the past has to be rewritten"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 18:28 pm 
4000+ Poster

I never spoke about my own families membership of the BUF while my Grandad was alive as he had only been a kid pre war but I think these days the *true* stories do need telling.
His father,from what I can gather ,was pretty typical of its membership. he had been a junior officer raised from the ranks in the trenches who had made something of himself just post war enough to be hard working middle class. He was actually a teacher. He could not give a fig either way for jews or any of the so called reasons people these days say people joined the BUF for but he had after the war forged links with Germans who he saw as having far more in common with him and his family than those calling for another European war.
My Grandads memories of his days in the BUF junior section consisted of making model aeroplanes and stamp collecting there was never any political indoctrination of the youth etc but one postcard from a German lad to his brother (later the BofB Hurri Pilot) does prompt an emmbarresed smile from me as it is signed off " heil hitler,heil Mosley! " .......my uncle may have been pen pals with Germans but he still ended up with a Tally of 18+ confirmed kills before moving onto fighter bombers.....

. -. --. .-.. .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. . -.-. - ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- -- .- -. / - --- / -.. --- / .... .. ... / -.. ..- - -.--

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 13:21 pm 

SaddleTramp wrote:
It's all conspiracy theories, people don't go to other countries pretending they're something else in order to take over... :roll:

Yeah right.
The Germans used a lot of spies/tourists or such to spy on pre-War Netherlands to get info on strategis objects.
Hell, they even had supplies in Rotterdam harbour ready for the attack...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 22:34 pm 
4000+ Poster

I was going to rip into you there Enigma but Im guessing English is a second language so you missed the sarcasm,either that or you are just a humourless tw*t :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 pm 

kostya wrote:
I was going to rip into you there Enigma but Im guessing English is a second language so you missed the sarcasm,either that or you are just a humourless tw*t :)

I may have missed the sarcasm bit...